Howard Bremer Awarded Jefferson Medal
June 2006: Howard Bremer, Legal Counsel, Awarded the Jefferson Medal
The New Jersey Intellectual Property Law Association (“NJIPLA”) awarded its prestigious Jefferson Medal to Howard Bremer, former patent counsel to the Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation and current legal counsel to Bridge to Life Preservations Solutions, Ltd.
The Jefferson Medal is awarded annually to one attorney with a lifetime achievement of work in the protection of intellectual property (including patents, trademarks and copyrights) which is essential to the progress and promotion of the useful arts.
Past recipients have included luminaries, such as:
- Charles Kettering — The Inventor’s Inventor
- Edward Vandenburgh III — His accomplishments as engineer and litigator
- Robert W. Kastenmeier — Kastenmeier Lectures
- Sen. Orrin G. Hatch — Press Release when Senator Hatch called for swift passage of the America Invents Act, Sept 2011
- Rep. Robert Kastenmeier — Additional awards
- Marybeth Peters — for Outstanding Service
The NJIPLA Jefferson Medal award ceremony took place on June 2, 2006 at the Hilton Hotel in Short Hills, New Jersey.